*** FEATURE CLASS *** Laser
by Richard McMinn
The last few years has seen the exciting Laser class in Tasmania explode with many sailors from all different shapes, sizes, gender, clubs and experience.
A number of factors that are considered for their selection;
- Strong numbers on the start line. Consistently have largest fleets for Regattas.
- Proven training program including beginners, intermediate, Masters and of course the High Performance program supported by TIS.
- Excellent Local coaches supported by Interstate Coaches.
- Laser hulls and parts are easily found new or second hand, with excellent support by Performance Sailcraft Australia.
- Great social environment.
The Tasmanian District Laser Association (TDLA) hold every year the Travellers Series, where sailors pack up theirs boats and attend The Burnie Ice Breaker, The Showdown Hobart, The Port Dalrymple Block Buster and the State Titles. Throw in another 4-5 training weekends and interstate regattas, and you have yourself a full season.
If a full season of Laser sailing wasn’t enough, we have 2 sailors Max Gluskey and William Sargent ready to take on the world, in Kiel Germany for the Youth Laser 4.7 2016 World Championships. Goodluck lad’s.
If you would like more information regarding sailing a Laser in Tasmania, please contact TDLA President Jason Harriss via email email@example.com or 0438 173 269. You can also find more information on our website: http://tas.yachting.org.au/assoc_page.cgi?client=0-10098-0-0-0&sID=355853&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=35132304